Wednesday, January 10, 2007

12/6/06 The H&H Grill



LOCATION:
The H & H Grill, Norwood, Ohio.

GRADE: B-
Or maybe a solid C+. This place had all the trappings of your perfect greasy spoon dive. Locals at the counter. Regulars known by name coming in and out. Thin layer of smoke throughout. Nicest waitress in the entire world. And the food was a solid OK. I'm not going to schedule my next date night around the Double H dinner hours, if you catch my drift, but I'd go back for a rib sticking breakfast (with grits!!).

QUESTIONABLE LEVEL: 5 (of 10)
I didn't fear for my life (at least, not after I realized I had the nicest waitress in the world). But it would be a stretch to say this place wasn't sketchy (see photos below). That's why I choose to stradle the fence with a 5.

CONTACT NAME: Kelly
Did I mention this woman is the nicest waitress in the world? We should have gotten a photo with this human being. Luckily Steven let her know just how much we appreciated her kindness. If you go, make sure you ask for Kelly as your server (likely your only choice).

QUOTE: "Can I buy 4 cigarettes from you?" "Buy? Hell, you can have 'em."
(-generous patron guy)

NOTES/PHOTOS:






Three detours of note on this day:
1. We had to get cash for Kyle. SLOTM joints rarely accept plastic.
2. Steve just couldn't wait to see his new couch, just delivered, in action. Very nice indeed.
3. We tried the Happy Hollow first, but alas, they don't serve food. I did smell like the Happy Hollow though the rest of the day after just walking in to ask.



These 3 ladies were talking the entire time we ate. And, please notice the clock in the background. It had a "magic" floating pendulum, really, something you have to see to believe.



This is NOT a stock photo, and NO, we did NOT bring our own food stylist. This was Steve's Swiss Steak Special! It just came out looking that perfect. Amazing!



Don't even think about coming in and just using their tables to eat your own food! To be clear (and as pointed out by this very prominent sign), at this restaurant, they "serve food". (Maybe they should post that on the door).



I love these hand towel things! So clean and fresh! What? Not fresh you say? Simply pull to get fresh clean towel. Genius.

Ok, one more important SLOTM milestone. The particular Wednesday (Decemeber 6th, 2006 to be exact) was the very last day that smoking in restaurants and bars was legal in Ohio. We felt we needed to celebrate that.

1 Comments:

Blogger stevie said...

Very nice, Davey. This is a bread-and-butter SLOTM post. I loved the mention of a 'food stylist'. That suggestions alone makes us seem more highbrow.

3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home